A social media analysis to find out which social media platforms best suit your company, objectives and target groups.
In a social media analysis it is about the answers to the following questions:
- Are there social media objectives? If yes which one?
What have been the results of the social media platforms used per objective?
Which social media platforms have the best expected return on investment (ROI) in terms of number of new customers, brand awareness and/or loyalty?
Social media objectives
In general, the objectives for social media are as follows:
Acquiring new customers
More brand awareness for the company
More loyalty from existing customers
A mix of the above reasons
More specific objectives could be, for example:
100 new followers per month on a social media platform such as Facebook.
- 1000 volgers in totaal op een social media platform in 2017.
- 5 Nieuwe klanten per maand via facebook.
- 50 contactmomenten per maand via social media platformen.
Social media KPI’s
Key performance indicators (KPIs) are measures that can be used to measure whether objectives are being achieved. Different KPIs are important for each social media objective. The most important per objective are listed below.
- Number of visitors to the website.
Number of conversions from social media.
The growth in visitors and conversions over a certain period of time.
Number of likes, followers, subscribers etc.
The growth in likes and followers, subscribers etc.
Number of views.
The growth in views.
The number of shares and comments on posts.
- The growth in the number of likes on posts.
Percentage of followers interacting with posts
The numbers from these KPIs outline the current state of a company’s social media. Every social media platform has analytics that can retrieve this data.
Finding platforms with potential
Below is the step-by-step plan to find the platforms where the expected results are the highest.
- Collect information about the target group of a potential platform.
- Search Google for the audience of the potential platform and how and what it is used for.
Find competitors on the potential platform and find out how they score on key KPIs.
Ask users of the platform about how and why they use it.
Use data from the past.
- Discover the advertising possibilities and forecasts with a certain budget.
- Discover the costs per click (cost of 1 user of a platform to send to your website).
Find out the number of expected views.
Find out expected conversions.
- Compare results from different platforms.
We hope that by reading this article you have learned more about the usefulness and making of a social media analysis. Do you have any questions or comments after reading the article? Then you can contact us at any time without obligation!